Here’s another Veganomicon dish that we’ve been getting reacquainted with lately! The ever so famous Chickpea Cutlets (page 133) are certainly a classic for good reason. I’m sure everyone has their own personal tweaks on these, but here are mine:
– Double the recipe every time by using 1 drained can of chickpeas instead of 1 cup, and double everything else. Bake an extra 10 minutes.
– I substitute anywhere from 2 to all of the 4 tbsp. of olive oil with water, with no problems.
– I use a splash of lemon juice instead of zest.
– If you use the food processor like I do, you can just mince the garlic first before adding the chickpeas to save the effort of breaking out the microplane grater. (If you’re out of breadcrumbs you can always make some 1st by taking some toast for a spin in there too!)
– I like adding some smoked paprika & cayenne pepper.